Friday, April 12, 2013

Slice of Heaven

Schar Classic White Bread: A Gluten Free Review


Holy mother of pearl you guys, Schar is quickly becoming one of my favorite Gluten Free brands, very quickly, as in my Shop Rite just started carrying their stuff a few weeks ago. Since my store started stocking Schar i've been sampling something new each week in small increments because their stuff is a bit pricey, but well worth the cost. I have previously sampled their baguettes which were to die for, I can't tell you how long since I enjoyed a roll with butter and didn't gag at the funky texture or after taste, and I also tried it as garlic bread which was also incredible. Anyway, fast forward to this week when I spotted this little beauty, their classic white bread. At $5.50 a loaf I was a bit hesitant, but given my past great experiences with the company I decided to go for it. Amazing. AH MAY ZING. It was perfect, bouncy, not crumbly, no weird taste, I tried it with a bit of butter and then toasted on a sandwich as well. Just plain with butter I could have sworn I was eating regular gluten filled white bread! While it was toasted on the sandwich it was maybe a little bit more sponge than regular bread... Like if you left the bag open for a day? Not stale, just slightly tougher, it really wasn't anything insanely   noticeable or anything, i'm really only mentioning it for the sake of review. 



Basically, I will never eat another gluten free bread again, this one has one my heart. 5 out of 5 stars, would recommend, would shout my love from the rooftops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment